The Peerless General Finance & Investment Company Ltd. – Genesis
- Founded in 1932 at Narayangunj (now in Bangladesh) with a meagre capital of Rs. 300/- only by Late Radhashyam Roy, a school teacher.
- Started off as an insurance outfit, namely - The Peerless Insurance Co. Ltd., and became a leading Provident Insurance Company, before moving to Kolkata.
- Subsequent to Nationalisation of Insurance Sector in 1956, the company shifted its focus to Small Savings and finally, the first Non Banking Finance Company of the country – The Peerless General Finance & Investment Co. Ltd. – came into being.
- Incorporated in 1995 as a subsidiary of PGFIL
- Basic objectives of formation of PSL :-
Acting as an investment intermediary to PGFI
Providing Research & Advisory Services to augment Treasury Operations of PGFI
- Engaged in fee based business as a Registered Broker under SEBI, as per the guidelines issued by the regulatory body
- Member of National Stock Exchange (NSE) in Capital, Equity and Currency Derivative Segments.
- Holds memberships of Calcutta Stock Exchange (CSE) and Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE)
- Member of Multi Commodity Exchange (MCX) in Derivative Segments.
- Registered with National Securities Depository Ltd. (NSDL)
- PSL, a subsidiary of PGFIL, a leading player in the financial sector with diverse savings products, is supporting PGFIL by its Research & Advisory activities. This in turn helps PSL to derive substantial revenues from the flagship company, in terms of dealing in both - Equity and Debt, DP services as well as distribution of third party products (MF, IPO, Bonds, FD).
- Since PGFIL has a trusted existence in the financial market for over seven decades, it helps PSL to leverage the brand image, network, wide clientele base and all India coverage of PGFIL to its advantage acting as the synergy between the two entities.
We are a full service brokerage firm registered with NSE, BSE and MCX and provide a trading platform to investors and traders to buy and sell stocks through exchange podium. It engaged in fee based business as a Registered Broker under SEBI, as per the guidelines issued by the regulatory body. We provide comprehensive services to clients, including providing advisory assistance. We also provide depository related services to clients through NSDL.